Expand Your Knowledge with Continuing Education
Knowledge is power, and the more you know about your chosen career, the further you will be able to advance.
We offer some interesting and innovative classes on subjects that may interest you.
The ABCs of Business - 2 hours $150 Students $75
- Have you thought about exactly what you want to do? Are you doing what you love? Do you have a passion for this work?
- Choosing your name - should you trademark your name
- Skills required to own a business in this field
- Ways to make your business stand out
- How to define your target market
- Come up with a financial plan
- Different types of marketing you can use
- The legal structure of your company - LLC, Corp, Individual, etc
- Writing an operating agreement
- Secure capital
- How to obtain a tax ID number
- Do you need a 'business' address
- Your brand and/or logo
- Sell yourself
- Launch a website
- Business cards, brochures
- Questions to ask yourself before you start your own business
Sleep Deprivation and How it Affects the Night Worker - 1 1/4 hours $70 Students $35
- A new National Geographic documentary claims that poor sleep is responsible for about 1,000 deadly traffic accidents in the United States each year and that drowsy adults are costing American businesses $100 billion annually
- Sleep deprivation is explored along with the things we need to do to prevent it
- Natural ways you can deal with no sleep
- Physical consequences of sleep deprivation
Vaccinations - The Pros and Cons
- Did you know that before the age of 6, a child receives 78 vaccines
- Did you know that the max amount of aluminum anyone can safely handle is four micrograms per kilo? Most shots are 225 mcg to 850 mcg. So a child would need to weigh a minimum of around 56 kgs (123 lbs.) to vaccinate per FDA guidelines safely.
- I have no problem with non-preservative vaccines. My issues lie in the number of preservatives allowed.
- This class talks about those preservatives and their side effects.
- We also include "Vaxed," the movie.
Sense and Non-Sense $50 Students $25
- The foolish things NCSs do and how to change them.
- Ethics and where things go wrong.
- How to act and what not to do.
- This is the 'best' class and an addition to the basic ethics class.
- Social media and its place in your career.
How to Interview with a High-Profile Family 1 1/2 hours $50. Students $25
- What do you need to apply for a high-profile position
- How to make your resume acceptable for agencies
- What to wear to the interview
- Seven things you must have to interv
- What is the #1 thing they notice when a client or house manager interviews a candidate
- What are some of the red flags to may look for while interviewing
- When do you sign a DNA
How to Teach a Parenting Class 60-minute class $50. Students $25
- Who is your audience?
- What should you teach?
- What should you charge?
- What should you not teach?
Sleep Training and Sleep Conditioning $125 Students - Included with the course
- We will discuss all aspects of sleep Conditioning.
- We will discuss methods of sleep training.
- What do you need to do to sleep condition successfully?
- How important is the daytime routine?
- How old a child must be to sleep condition and how old to sleep train.
- Swaddling the pros and cons.
- Soothing and how important it is and how to do it.
Ethics for the Newborn Care Specialist and Nanny (this is an agency-required class but available to anyone) $50. Included with any course
- This class is dedicated to professionalism in the field. We discuss proper interviewing, resumes, contracts, moral and ethical issues along with safety issues.
A Crunchy Mama’s Guide to Pregnancy and Newborns $199 non-student, $99 student
This an extensive holistic pregnancy/labor/delivery/newborn course and would be considered continuing education for Newborn Care Specialist, Doula, Midwives, Nannies, or anyone working with pregnancy/birth or mamas. This is not a Newborn Care Specialist Course. This class is taken in its entirety. Classes are separately priced in pay-as-you-go. To purchase PDF only, see below
- Number of Classes: 7
- Hours of Videos: 9 hours
- Subjects covered: Pregnancy, labor, delivery, and basic newborn and lactation issues.
- Modalities used: Homeopathy, herbs, essential oils, acupressure/acupuncture, home remedies
- Recipes included: lotions, teas, smoothies, balms, teething,
- Time to take the Class: Weekend to a year.
- Based on: Scientific Research, Expert Opinion, and over 50 years of experience
- PDF $35 available only with class. PDF only $99
- Certificate of Completion
Students always take these classes for 1/2 price. And if you took the course, you do not need to buy the Sleep Training course. Contact me for any questions at [email protected]